Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

The Chick Manifesto write a review of 'Dead until Dark'. Yes, there still are people trying to decide whether to read the Sookie books.

Sookie Stackhouse was born with a peculiar disability: she can read minds. Her family never talks about it and everyone in town knows there's something strange about her. When she meets the handsome Bill Compton she's thrilled to finally be able to let her guard down around someone, as his is the only mind she can't hear. One slight problem, however: Bill is a vampire, who, thanks to the advent of synthetic blood, has finally been able to "come out of the coffin" along with the rest of his kind. Soon after his arrival in her small Louisiana town (he's Bon Temps' first vampire) several mysterious and incredibly violent murders start happening. As Sookie and Bill begin to fall in love, Bill is accused of committing the murders and Sookie is dragged into the affairs of some seriously scary vampires who aren't quite as adept at mainstreaming (i.e. not drinking human blood) as Bill. This is the first book in the Southern Vampire series.

If this book sounds familiar to you it's probably because the series is the basis for the HBO series True Blood, which will start its second season in mid June.

Read on

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm glad you liked my review! I've had the first seven books on my shelf for ages and finally had time to start Dead Until Dark the other day.

" Dallas " said...

Thanks Chick you are great!

Ms Harker said...

I have just wrote about the conundrum of deciding whether to read the book prior to watching the series or vice versa. I would be keen to hear what you guys think?

Ms Harker
www.musingcontinuum.wordpress.com

Alandre said...

My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com