Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Zombie Austen author moves on to Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter

Looks like Seth Grahame-Smith is sitting pretty these days! With his (surprising) bestselling book Pride and Predjudice and Zombies, flying off of bookshelves everywhere, Grahame-Smith is already preparing for his next mashup–Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. According to reports, the now A-list author was offered a sizeable, six-figure advance to write a book mixing historical/iconic figures with the supernatural. No word yet on when this book will be released but Grahame-Smith’s popularity is increasing rapidly. His editor Ben Greenberg said “Zombies” is popular because “it appeals to Austen fans as well as people who can’t stand her writing and would enjoy seeing Mr Darcy have his brain eaten”.

Article Guardian UK

Charlaine reads and recommends "PPZTCRRNWUZM" on her blog today !

And now to my surprise read. PPZTCRRNWUZM! as I shall call it, is really, really a lot of fun. I am a diehard fan of the original novel, so for weeks I tried to ignore the presence of PPZTCRRNWUZM! on various bestseller lists. But finally curiosity got the better of me, and I clicked on it on Amazon. I’ve got to say, in all honesty . . . I loved it. And it’s basically just what the title says; a retelling of our favorite story, but with zombies. The addition of zombies works amazingly well. I really can’t describe it any further. I laughed out loud.

http://www.charlaineharris.com/bb/bb_current.html

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read about this earlier, I'm *sooo* amused by it I can't wait until I can get my hands on it. I'm amused with anything zombie these days. (And vamps too of course ;D It's completely disturbing that I can actually picture Mr. Darcy getting his brains eaten out. LOL.