Sunday, May 10, 2009

True Blood's Godric has been cast and he's perfect!

Wow, now I am as excited about this-almost as excited as I was about the 'Beyond here lies nothing' 2nd promotional video I posted last night ;-)

I just have to say of the hundreds and hundreds of characters we meet in Charlaine Harris's Sookieverse, Godric ( Godfrey) is one of THE most fascinating to me ...

The casting call from February read:

Casting call for episode 2.05. No Episode title yet and filming will be between the end of Feb and early march.

[GODRIC]
Over two thousand years old but looks 15, he is an ancient Vampire. Small in stature and youthful appearing, but able to project intense power and wisdom. Can have an accent from anywhere. Must be 18 or emancipated

Godric will be played by Allan Hyde who is a 19 year old accomplished Danish actor.

Here is his IMDb page

The character Godric is described in Living Dead in Dallas as:

An ancient teenager.He was blond and shirtless, and his arms and chest were covered with blue tattoos.

In human years, he would've been about sixteen when he'd been made vampire. There was no telling how many years ago that had been. He must be older than Stan, older than Isabel. His English was clear, but heavily accented. I had no idea what kind of accent it was.Maybe his original language was not even spoken anymore. What a lonely feeling that would be.

He has pale blue eyes and is a child killer.

8 comments:

Joe B. said...

Well, he's not really that accomplished, but the combination of him being a powerful vampire and his baby face should provide a great juxtaposition.

But in terms of his experience, I don't think roles on stage in Les Miz and Sound of Music make one accomplished.

That would make Deborah (the former Debbie) Gibson an accomplished actor.

He's cute!

India said...

Although Allan Hyde makes a unforgettable Godric, I believe such a powerful role should have been given to an actor from India or to someone of arabic origin. Eric is already from the same geographical region and a more exotic Godric would have had an even bigger effect on the audience.

WhitneySwift said...

i think Allan Hyde made a perfect Godric. i mean, PERFECT.

" Dallas " said...

i agree 100%

Anonymous said...

I had to GOOGLE him cause I could not get his accent down no matter how hard I tried..then I said it must be made up for the show...BUT I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE with his character AND his performance was superb...I hated to see him leave last nite!
Cheers..
Tony(nyc)

" Dallas " said...

You rarely have to google anything on my blog - just go to topics and click on godric and you'll find info on the Danish actopr Allan Hyde who played him ....wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Please resurrect Godric!!

Unknown said...

I love Godric, he's so nice,sweet, and loyal.He is VERY powerful, but he only uses it when he needs to.In my point of view i dont think that he should have died.He made a mistake, but he said he would die for a punishment.If u think that I am wrong or maybe right comment and tell my why or why not.Please do.

P.S. i thinks he cute :)