Friday, June 26, 2009

RUTINA WESLEY from True Blood Exclusive Interview

From Daemonstv

Recently I got a chance to speak withRutina Wesley who plays Tara on one of the Best show ion television , HBO's True Blood.

Rutina Wesley is one of the Emmy hopefuls this year, and if you have seen True Blood then you know this is definitely an award-worthy show and Rutina Wesley is one of the people that help make it that way.

Rutina Wesley talked about what is coming up this second season for Tara, how she got into acting, and much more. So enjoy her interview below.

Congratulations on getting such good ratings for season two. How does it feel?

Rutina Wesley: It feels really, really good, and I'm telling you, I'm sort of shocked at the ratings. I knew that we had a huge following, but the fact that so many more people are loving the show, it's all great and positive.

Had you originally read all the books, or have you read them since doing the show?

Rutina Wesley: Well, I read the first book. Tara is very different in the books than they've decided to take her in the show. So after the first book I sort of didn't read anymore so that I could then create my own character along with the rest of the creative team since they had taken her in a different direction. But my mother has read all nine [laughs].

Did she like them?

Rutina Wesley: Yes, she loved them.

Do you think you'll eventually read them, maybe at the end of the show?

read on

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The show would be better if the actors actually read the books and took an interest.

The reason the books are better than the show is Charlaine Harris' quirky sense of humour. Her characters have hearts because of the little details we get about them.

The show falls short because they have all been turned into stock standard people. Sookie is no longer quirky and smart - in fact I've just about had enough of television Sookie.

I'm so frustrated with the actors in True Blood because the show's quality has been slowly but surely diminishing since the beginning. I used to love all the characters, but they're starting to get boring.

They all need a huge injection of Charlaine Harris' charm.

" Dallas " said...

I think all the actors have read some of the if not all of the first 5 books ...

The creative vision and writing is not in the control of the actors- the writers and Alan Ball write True Blood.

I think True Blood is very funny but you are right in a VERY different way than CH'sense of humor.

True Blood is a separate thing from the Sookie books and I love them both..

I can't even think of any other TV show ever that has been more exciting, riveting and amazing than these first few eps of Season 2,

callonmebill said...

Anonymous; The actors follow the script they are given, not the book.

I read the books after seeing the first season and just love them, but I admit I love the show more. But I do love comparing the books to the show with the full understand the two are truly separate entities.

CH wrote and is still writing a wonderful book series but AB probably would never have signed on to do TB if he had to do it "as is".

Bill doesn't have charm!? Look into his eyes next episode and let him glamour you! or Eric!