Saturday, June 13, 2009

TrueBlood Cherry V Juice Pie

Thanks Sara for sending this

OCCASION: Having caught the TrueBlood fever just recently after watching Season One in one sitting, I was inspired to create this pie just in time for anyone throwing a TrueBlood viewing party for Season Two, starting June 14. This pie debuted at a Peden Place Summer BBQ! This sinfully delicious dessert is sure to beat anything you’d find at Merlotte’s and it is guaranteed to have humans dying for seconds!

IMG_0759

To Make Crust:

1 Unfrozen Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust

To Make Topping:

2 c heavy whipping cream

1/2 c Splenda

V Juice Drizzle (to be created later on)

To Make Filling:

4 c fresh Bing Cherries

1/2 c Old New Orleans Rum Factory Brand Rum (served nightly at Fangtasia)

1 3/4 c Splenda

1 cup chocolate pudding cake (store bought)

1/4 tsp almond extract

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

4 tbsp corn starch

1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter

Directions:

DAY BEFORE PIE FILLING PREP: I chose to do this step the day before because I found cherries on sale and wanted to begin the pie while they were at their freshest. I also wanted to pit them ahead of time because my manicure was on its last leg and I didn’t mind ruining it! I found the following website helpful on how to pit cherries: http://startcooking.com/blog/218/How-to-Pit-Cherries. I found the pitting process to be quite relaxing and it only took half of “Ellen” to complete 3 pints.

Read on

0 comments: