Monday, July 6, 2009

True Blood and Sam's 'Boggy Bayou Mullet ' tshirt


Thanks so much to Lisa W

I have written about past True Blood t-shirts here

In S2 Episode #3 Scratch My Back, Sam is wearing a t-shirt that says "Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival" - That is a real festival held in Niceville, FL all based around a brackish water fish called a "mullet". It's not about the haircut. That's a real shirt -- I lived in that area for nearly 40 Years (now in Colorado).

Here's a link to the festival web site:
http://mulletfestival.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This shirt was made by Tailgate Clothing Company (www.tailgateclothing.com).

Anonymous said...

Do you have a link to the actual item on tailgate.com? I couldn't find it! Thx in advance.

" Dallas " said...

YES PLEASE AND SIGN YOUR COMMENTS !!!!~!~!~

Anonymous said...

I just contacted tailgate and they're working on making it available again...

We are in the works of a reorder now. Hope to have in shortly.
Any other questions let us know. Thanks

Chad

--
Chad Mescher
Tailgate Clothing
2805 SW Snyder Blvd
Suite 530
Ankeny,IA 50023
(515) 963-7903 Phone
(515) 963-7912 Fax
www.tailgateclothing.com

Seth said...

I grew up in niceville, fl., and yes, this is a real festival that is held in mid october every year. The particular shirt he is wearing was introduced in 1979, so its quite old. I still go to it every year, and it is one of the biggest events in the area at that time of year...
Seth

Anonymous said...

Sam wore a tshirt in an episode last season (not sure which episode) that I really liked. It had the eagle from the Great Seal of the United States. Does anyone know who makes this shirt and where I can find it?

Anonymous said...

I actually live in Niceville, FL and attend the festival every year.