Tuesday, July 21, 2009

True Blood Gives Furries A Whole New Meaning

i09 has posted some great pros and cons from Episode 5 here are some of my favorites.

I CANNOT believe that so many reviewers don't know who these characters are . I've read 2 reviews when the reviewer wondered who that lady vamp was at the end
in hallway listening to Bill and Sookie ? Umm you guys will have to crack a book.

To Meredith's credit she knew ...also Meredith hit the nail on the head for THE WORST written moment in all of True Blood. No,
that would be when the whole story line went off the rail in ep 10 last year but this is #2.

The GOD AWFUL racks and balls on the pool table banter ....


Pro: Godric is pretty fantastic. This would be the first True Blood flashback that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out — the first being the Civil War slut scene between Bill and his maker. I would like to meet more of these ancient vampires, and I'm pretty sure we will this season.

Con: Oh god my ears. Just after that lovely flashback scene, you give me the balls and rack pool pun. You are better than this, Alan Ball. You can even see the disdain in the actors eyes while delivering it. It's like their skin is peeling. Just awful. See look I've already totally forgotten the things Daphne was saying about other

Pro: Maryann dressed up as the grandma, oh dear. This really made me laugh in a creepy, "Ok sure why not" kind of way. Tarahis stupid not to see through this ridiculous act. If I came home and the weird rich 40-something woman who always dressed up in beautiful dresses and jewelry was in a drab grandma dress, I would kick her the hell out immediately. At least they are attempting to make her more interesting. Let's hope this works.

Pro: Hoyt and Jessica's phone conversation. Sigh, I miss those days "really, really." This is super cute. Darn the whole star-crossed lovers nonsense, I'm rooting for these two. They are the most realistic thing on this show.

Pro: So this is Bill's ex-girlfriend, right? Okay, just checking. Not sure what else to think of her, besides that. We'll have to wait until next week, I guess. Not really the awesome cliffhanger we're used to.

Pro: Eric the viking: surprisingly masculine. They are really setting him up to just steamroll over boring Bill, aren't they?

read them all here

9 comments:

sthrnvampgirl said...

She is Bill's maker... remember? The "slut" in the civil war scene... but much more 21st century, wouldn't you say?

" Dallas " said...

Well, yes - it is Lorena , Bil's maker played by Mariana Klaveno.

http://www.lovingtruebloodindallas.com/search/label/Lorena

Jackie M. said...

dfsg

" Dallas " said...

jackie what does that mean ?

mydoglikesbeer said...

Bill is not boring and Eric isn't that hot.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but Bill looks really old and tired. Eric... yummy sexy hot

Sharon said...

I loved the line when mortal Eric lay dying and his friend is enumerating the great things he'll find in Valhalla and says "women". And Eric says something like "Where I am there are always women." Now there's a fitting death scene for a Viking warrior!

Yes, Eric is totally hot! He's why I watch this show. They have way too many characters and subplots going. I just finished watching the first season of "Blood Ties" on DVD. It was so much better than this show. I think being on Lifetime killed it.

OpinionatedinAustin said...

WOW, there are a lot of Bill and Sookie haters out there (in the comments to the original article you posted here). I don't think most people that watch the show ever read the books. Some of the comments wouldn't make any sense if the commenters had read the books.

On the other hand, people, it is just a show. You don't like it. Don't watch it!

Eric = HOT, Sookie and Bill = Sweet, Jessica and Hoyt = FANTASTIC, Maryann = Perfectly devious, Tara and Eggs = Not real, under a spell, Sam and Daphne = Great match, Terry and Arlene = Really?, Jason and Mrs Newlin = Expected (and needed), Pam = We miss you, Lafayette = Glad you are still alive.....

I love this show!

" Dallas " said...

I love the books and I love the show opinionated !
I try to let everyone have their opinions but lets keep it positive ...