Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Five reasons why I can't get enough True Blood

From the Guardian UK- post your own 5 reasons ! ( remember the UK is not just seeing Season 1)

I thought I didn't like vampire shows – but one bite of True Blood and I was hooked …

Just another pleasant evening in Bon Temps, Louisiana … True Blood

1 I love it because I'm not supposed to

I'm not a vampire person. Lord, no. Vampires are the hobby thing of a specific type of odd-bod. Emo sorts into Buffy box-sets, body-art, Anne Rice conventions and striding about Whitby in flappy coats hoping to see the shipwreck of the Demeter. THESE are Vampire people. People who carve stuff on their person then put pics of it on Bebo – THESE are vampire people. Not me. I tried True Blood because it was created by Alan Ball (Six Feet Under, American Beauty). And by the close of episode one, I was haranguing everyone I could find to watch it, particularly the scene where Sookie Stackhouse and Bill Compton's eyes first meet (lights dim, earth spins on axis, mournful cello score accompaniment, etc.)

By episode four, I was so preoccupied by the idea of vampires "mainstreaming" in the modern world that, when I spotted an insect bite bleeding on my leg one afternoon, my gut reaction was: "Ooh, has someone bled me? … oh, hang on, that's telly." Vampire fans, like the ones I've mocked cruelly above, are welcome to take my churlish words and shove them sideways down my trap.

Read on

1 comments:

Matt said...

this truely is a good series.