Monday, August 3, 2009

Loving True Blood in Dallas blog helps solve the True Blood FotS church mystery for Arkansas Gazette

When the Arkansas Gazette starts asking me ' Go Ask Dallas' questions then I guess I know I've reached the big time . HA!

I can finally tell you who it was that asked last weeks " Go Ask Dallas" question. It was a question posed by a reporter from The Arkansas Gazette.

Kyle Brazzel knew right away that the structure shown as the Fellowship of the Sun Church in Episode 6 of True Blood was a building designed by famed architect and Arkansas native, Fay Jones -but which one ?

Because the Sookie Stackhouse book series author, Charlaine Harris is also an Arkansas resident, this was an important source of state pride and something they wanted to report on in for the largest newspaper in Arkansas and they wanted to get it right.

Here is where I posted my answer on the blog last week , and this is also what I sent to Kyle. He very nicely mentioned the blog in yesterday's write up in the Little Rock newspaper!

Fay Jones Chapel Vamps for True Blood

True Blood behind the scenes: Fellowship of the Sun filming

'So much love comes flowing out ...' Steve Newlin

The amazing SkyRose Chapel at Rose Hills Memorial Park near Los Angeles ( Whittier) served as the stand-in for the FotS church in Dallas.

The chapel is one of the famous buildings designed by Arkansas native architect Fay Jones and it's gorgeous.

This was a "Go ask Dallas" question- I'll tell ya Sunday who asked

http://www.lovingtruebloodindallas.com/2009/07/true-blood-behind-scene-fellowship-of.html