Tuesday, August 18, 2009

True Blood’s Alexander Skarsgård TV guide

He Plays True Blood’s sexy Viking vamp, Eric Northman, who’s eaten a man alaive, tortured countless others and menaced poor Sookie (Anna Paquin). But he isn’t all bite, says Skarsgård. “You think Eric might not have a sensitive side, but he does.”
Where You’ve Seen Him Before HBO’s 2008 military miniseries Generation Kill. And, most recently, as Lady Gaga’s villainous boyfriend in her video for “Paparazzi.”
Why We Love Him Forget IKEA. Skarsgård is America’s favorite Swedish import. “He’s big, blond, take-charge. If you have got hormones, you’re going to be attracted to him,” says Charlaine Harris, author of the books series on which the show is based.
Family Business The oldest of actor dad Stellan Skarsgård’s seven children, he hit is big in a Swedish film at age 13. “It’s tough to be famous that young,” he says. “It made me insecure and self-conscious, so I quit acting.” At 20, following a stint in the Swedish marines, Skarsgård gave acting another go, landing roles in “Zoolander” and Generation Kill. But the role he’d really love to play is dad. “I’m single. I grew up in a platoon of people. I don’t have a family, but it is something I really want.” That should be pretty easy for this smokin’ Swede to assemble. –Kate Hahn

12 comments:

Rita said...

I believe that he is very much a
scene stealer!( sigh oh my) and going
break many a heart.I would like to
have been a fly on the wall when
doing the dream scene.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!What a picture of Alex. My heart just skipped a beat! Can this man get any better???

Sharon said...

So good to see him getting more recognition. Hopefully this is going to lead to some great roles for our hunky Viking vampire!

Anonymous said...

Like I read somewhere... This is his week!

beautifulbabyblues said...

OMG! Could he be any sexier?

Anonymous said...

This couldn't be more deserving than to Alexander. He has his breakthrough now. I am enjoying all the interviews and articles about him and hope there's more, more, more! Yeah!

Leanne said...

If he really wants kids, I have some eggs that aren't being used.

Anonymous said...

Swoon! ;)

Sylvia said...

My husband just read this article and said Alex could join our family.

" Dallas " said...

Heather you almost made me spew my coffeee-hahahha

Sylvia said...

Dallas, I did the same exact thing.

Also my husband is a total goofball. You should hear his Bill voice. It's like a weird mix of Bill and Froghorn Leghorn.

Jen said...

Why do men want to impersonate Bill?!? My boyfriend walks around randomly saying "Soooookie" with that gravelly voice. Only his sounds menacing not sexy.

Now maybe if he could impersonate Eric...

P.S. I feel like a fifties housewife, but a man who wants kids and a family is incredibly sexy in by book! Not that the sincere and funny personality and fantasy-worthy body hurt either.