Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Having a Ball


From SX

True Blood is one of the most gay inclusive shows currently on television. Not surprising, given that its creator, Alan Ball, is an out and proud gay man.

Based on the ‘Sookie Stackhouse’ books by American novelist Charlaine Harris, writer/producer Alan Ball’s True Blood is one of the most compelling and entertaining takes on the vampire legend around. But, as he tells MCV, the television program would never have been made had he not accidentally stumbled upon the first book in Harris’s series.

“It was a total impulse buy for me, this book, and I started reading it and I could not put it down. It was like crack! It was like I was addicted to it. And somewhere around book three or four [in the series] I thought, this is so not the sort of stuff I usually read but I love this world and these characters, and I think this would make a great TV show.”

read on

1 comments:

Rita said...

And it did,love it even though i
would like Eric and Pam.