Wednesday, December 31, 2008

April makes the big jump from reading book 1 in the Southern Vampire Mysteries to book 7


April on her walkingonthedarkside blog read the Sookie books out of order and I thought you'd think it was funny to hear how confusing it can be to go from book 1 to book 7! I've emailed her and asked her for a report when she caught up with all the excitement in between! Yes, yes I also reminded here about the short stories.


Alright, I know I have done a big jump from reading book 1 in the Southern Vampire Mysteries to book 7, but I couldn't help myself.

Being an avid fan of the HBO show True Blood, I couldn't wait to start reading the books that they were based on.

I just recently read Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I'd been on a waiting list at the local library for it. Ok well, I've been on the waiting list for all the books that they carry in the series. Which is only two or three.

After reading Dead Until Dark, I decided to purchase more of the series from Ebay. I am waiting on books 2, 3, and 4 to get here. Anyhow, I got the chance to pick up All Together Dead today at the library.

I'm on page 242 right now, and I can say I must have missed a lot in the other books. I'm enjoying it, but it's hard to imagine Sookie without Bill.
Eric is a dish though!

Spoiler Alert for those that haven't read the books. I'm shocked that the whole reason that Bill and Sookie hooked up was because he was on a secret mission for the queen. Yet it all makes sense. How he strolled into the bar and kept asking her, "What are you?" Up until this point, I always thought it was just a fateful meeting.

I really wish I would have discovered these books years ago. They are great.
If you haven't read them yet, I would run, not walk, to your local library and start with book one.

0 comments: