Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ask Dallas : Here Dean, come boy !

Btanalo sent me an email with a great question about Dean, the dog. I love receiving email but I can't promise that I will always be able to find or know the answer to questions , but this time I was able to find out the answer for her ...

She wrote :
Dallas,

I'd sure like to know more about the dog who plays Dean/Sam. Have you seen anything written up about him/her?
bt


Well BT - I'd like you to meet the animal actor who actually plays Dean , his real name is Duffy and he is an English Shepard. Dean as we know is Sam's alter ego , or what he becomes when he shifts to a dog from his human form.

Dean ... I mean Duffy actually works at Boone's Animals for Hollywood.
http://www.boonesanimals.com/



I also believe that the lovely Tina, the cat may also be one of the British Blue cats that also work with Duffy at Boone's.


http://www.boonesanimals.com/pages/3170/British_Blues.htm



True Blood also states at the end of every show " The America Humane Association Monitored the animal action. No animals were harmed.

To find out more about the Film & TV Unit of the American Humane Society
visit here :
http://www.americanhumane.org/protecting-animals/programs/no-animals-were-harmed/

Established in 1940, American Humane’s Film & Television Unit is the leading authority on the safe use of animals in film. We are the only animal welfare organization in the world with on-set jurisdiction from the Screen Actors Guild to supervise the use of animals. We are also the only organization with the authority to issue our renowned “No Animals Were Harmed”® end-credit disclaimer.

Animals Trainer include :
•Boone Narr
•David Bruce Allsberry
•Shawn Weber
•Brian Turner
•Linda Rowe
•Brian Turi
•Scott Davis
•Tracy Kelly
•Richard Long
•Scott Rowe


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool. Thanks Dallas, I've come across the Boones Animals website once before. I didn't realize Duffy was an English Shepard, and thought he was a collie mix. He's a nice looking, very talented dog.