Thursday, April 23, 2009

True Blood Season 2 Possible Title Song: Ep. 7 'Release me'

This is exciting ! We now (might) know the titles of the first 7 episodes of True Blood for Season 2.

Now the one thing we know about True Blood is that the episode names come from the a song used in in the soundtrack of that episode and that it is somehow significant to that episode.

So far for Season 2 we have :
Episode 2.01 - Nothing but the Blood
Episode 2.02 - Keep this Party Going
Episode 2.03 - Changed to Scratches from Scratch My Back
Episode 2.04 - Changed to Shake and Fingerpop from Let's Take a Trip Together
Episode 2.05 - Never let me Go
Episode 2.06 - Friend is a Four Letter Word

All we know about Season 2 spoilers, casting calls etc. can be found here
We know the amazing Gary Calamar puts great effort into musically curating True Blood !

Episode 2.07 - Release Me , this is only my guess, I just research the various songs with the leaked title and come up with a song I think it might be. 'Release me' by Eddie Miller and made famous by Humperdinck.

"Release Me" is a popular song by Eddie Miller, Robert Yount, and Dub Williams, published in 1946. Miller wrote the song in 1946 but could not get anyone to record it for years, so he recorded it himself in 1953. Shortly afterward it was covered by Jimmy Heap, and with even better success by Ray Price and Kitty Wells.
Subsequently a big seller was recorded by Little Esther Phillips (#1 on the R&B and pop charts) and the song was also taken to #4 on the pop charts (and #1 in the UK) by Engelbert Humperdinck.
The song has the distinction in the UK of holding the number one slot in the chart for six weeks during March and April 1967, and preventing The Beatles single, "Penny Lane" / "Strawberry Fields Forever", from reaching the top."Release Me" was also the highest selling single of 1967 in the UK, recording over one million sales.

Lyrics

Please release me let me go
for I don't love you anymore
to waste our lives would be a sin
release me and let me love again.

I have found a new love dear

and I will always want her near
her lips are warm while yours are cold
release me my Darling let me go.

Please release me can't you see
you'd be a fool to cling to me
to live a lie would bring us pain
release me and let me love again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could this be about Bill wanting to be away from Lorena?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Bill is telling Lorena to "release" him to be with Sookie?