Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sheriff Dearborn Hates Them Vamps


May 12, 2009 - Although his name might not readily rush to the tip of your tongue, you definitely know William Sanderson. As a TV and film veteran in projects that range from Blade Runner to Deadwood, Newhart to The X-Files, Sanderson has made a career of playing offbeat characters. You can catch Sanderson on HBO's bold and bawdy vampire series True Blood when it returns for its second season on June 14th. Playing the Sheriff of Bon Temps, Louisiana, Sanderson is one of the few "normal" characters wading in a sea of supernatural sex and unwashed prejudice.

Sanderson also popped up on IGN's radar when he appeared on Lost this season as Oldham, a DHARMA wing nut who tries to get a few answers out of Sayid in "He's Our you." No one's sure if Oldham will be back, but we do know that on the same episode, during "the present," we were shown a building that had a sign that read "Oldham Pharmaceuticals."

IGN TV: Some of the characters on True Blood head off to Dallas in Season 2. What about your character, Sherriff Bud Dearborn? Does he get to leave town, or does he stick around the home front?

William Sanderson: Heh, I've got to be careful. They've told me not to reveal too much. I get emails from True Blood, and from Lost, telling me not to talk too much about it. But he (Bud)…well, I don't know if they really need him in Dallas. It's a good question though. I don't mean to be evasive. Bud's a little lazy, if that helps at all. I don't want to say anything to get me in trouble with HBO, they've been very good to me (laughs). I did Deadwood with them and they were so great. I'm just so happy. He (Bud) is a normal character. Yes, I'm playing a normal character right now and it's the hardest thing I've ever done.

Read on http://tv.ign.com/articles/982/982074p1.html

0 comments: