Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Alexander Skarsgard In A Dress, Anna Paquin's Sexier Look & More: We've Got 'True Blood' Style Secrets!

From MTV

One thing we've always loved about Alan Ball's titillating tale of Bon Temps and its supernatural beings is the series' fine attention to detail—did you notice that clever "Sorry, We're Dead" sign hanging outside vampire Eric's Fangtasia bar last week? This keen eye extends to virtually every corner of HBO's drama, including its fierce fashions.

We got the chance to chat with "True Blood" costume designer Audrey Fisher who spilled on Alexander Skarsgård's cross-dressing moment, where she shops for the cast's fashions (hint: K-Mart!) and the inspiration for newcomer Evan Rachel Wood's '40s-glam look.

HOLLYWOOD CRUSH: During last week's "True Blood," Alex appears in one of Lafayette's delusions wearing a dress. Did it have to be specially made for him? He's a pretty big guy. I can't imagine it was ready to wear!



AUDREY FISHER: Actually, no! We were able to buy larger sizes of Lettie Mae's outfit, which fit just fine with a few alterations. I love putting Alex in all of these delusional outfits: first Andy, then Lettie Mae. Who's next?

read on

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad they used this glamorous photo of Eric instead of another one of Sophie Ann. He looks so great!

Rita said...

I think he looks good in any thing he
has on or off!As for every one else
i pretty much like what they wear.

Torah said...

Yes, Eric loves lovely on everything... :)
But (and I have a feeling many of you won't agree with me), after reading Audrey Fisher comments on the Shophie Ann's character and the dialogue with Bill about the maened, I can get the subtelty of her character. She seems a lot less dangerous than she really is... and that's brilliantly clever! I'll just have to go see it again. :)

Geez... I'm becoming a Blood Addict!!! :)

Sylvia said...

I'll read any article just to look at that picture again.
Sad, I know.

Anonymous said...

Alex in the grey suit Yummyy!

I wish ERW could act as good as they made her look.

datvamp said...

Actually, I really loved that scene when he suppost to be Lettie Mae. His facial expressions, and his change in voice ("goodbye sweetheart"). I just loved it. I keep rewinding that part.