Wednesday, September 2, 2009

True Blood Vampire Showdown: Bill vs. Eric Which undead Louisiana loverboy would win in an Bon Temps battle?

September 2, 2009 - For those of you who read the Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire Chronicles, you know how the love triangle between telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse and her vampire suitors Bill Compton and Eric Northman ultimately turns out. With Season 2 of True Blood coming to a close on September 13, those of us who only know these characters through this HBO series are finally just beginning to get a taste of this bloodsucking rivalry. This edition of Heroes Showdown is about to take a nasty, sordid turn as we pit Bill against Eric in not just a battle for Sookie's love, but in a battle for ultimate undead supremacy.

Let's face it, on True Blood, it's clear who the stronger vampire is. It's set up in the ground rules of the series itself. Older vampires are stronger. Vampires that feed on humans are more virile and savage. The cards are all pretty much laid out; Eric could kick Bill's ass. Just because of age alone. But Bill, for lack of a better word, is the hero of the piece, and aren't heroes supposed to be able to overcome much stronger adversaries? It says a lot of about Bill that, as much as he dislikes Eric, he's still not afraid of him.

It's time to throw down the gauntlet! Don't listen to the screaming girlfans (unless you are one). Don't pay any mind to what does happen in the books if you are privy to such information. Let's have it out! It's the Civil War Soldier versus The Viking where the stakes are…not to get staked!

Oh and Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't completely caught themselves up on the show.

read 0n

19 comments:

Rita said...

NO NO NO!! Not going there,Eric is
mine yes,but i like Bill as he remines me of someone i have known
you battle all you want.

Sharon said...

Rita,

For the first time we must disagree. I like Bill OK and think SM does a good job with him, but the question is who would win the battle, and our Viking lover would win. Bill doesn't do it for me. He's average. Eric is hot, hot, hot. I have to vote for him every time a poll shows its ugly head. And I felt this way from the books and AS has allowed me to stay true to Eric.

Question: do you dream about Bill when you take a nap?

And I hope you are feeling better.

Rita said...

Sharon i do not dream of Bill the
reason i said is because Bill looks and acts like my father and grandfather dark hair and southern
charm and all so please forgive me for that.And i really do know which
one will win as i see his face all
the time.And i am starting to feel
better thank you i would be a lot
better if i could get rid of this cough.

" Dallas " said...

Rita, you get better soon- this blog can't function without you

Sharon said...

Rita, I don't think you need to be forgiven if Bill reminds you of your dad and granddad. My dad reminded me of John Wayne. Tall, lean, gruff and with a good heart, cowboy hat and boots. We live in Texas.

Sometimes those darn coughs last a long time. Whiskey and honey always sounds good but I don't know if it works. I don't think it could hurt. I had pneumonia a couple of years ago and I thought the cough would never go away.

Rita said...

This hit me Sunday just getting to where i can talk again my husband
has enjoyed the quite and yes i have
taken whiskey and honey before but
i don't do much of that any more
with high blood pressure i just take
over the counter meds.i think it is
the weather.Here in Alabama it has been wet one day and hot and now it
is a little cool at nite which i am
enjoying.Gadsden here,what part of
Taxes we lived in Shepard for 6
months in 1984.

Rita said...

Thanks Dallas i enjoy you all so much.

Sharon said...

Hey Rita,

We live in College Station. And you better get something for that high blood pressure. Watching Eric might do you in! I always take mine.

Shepard is on Hwy 59 just north of Houston, right?

We lived in Montgomery for 3 months back in 1973 while my husband was in an Air Force school.

Rita said...

Yes it is and depending on the growth
you will miss it if you blink when
you go though there.We are about 2 hrs.north of Montgomery to the right
I59.

Sharon said...

And what about the blood pressure meds? I don't want to have to worry about you.

Anonymous said...

THere's no contest Eric hands down!!

Rita said...

I take them to so don't worry that is why i don't do the other much any more,well i guess i better get off
here for the nite nice talking to you
i am off to dream of the vikingsee you later.

Sharon said...

Thanks for letting me know. I have to hit the sack also, but luckily Eric is here to tuck me in. Don't I wish!

" Dallas " said...

One word for you miss rita " BED"

all roads lead to Texas :)

Dakota77 said...

Oh my, that article made my blood pressesure shot up:). Eric being a dick? OK, Eric in the books may be conceited, eggocentric and honest to tghe point of being rude, but we all know that he isn't a bad person, a villain.

Rita said...

Dallas!i did enjoy it while we were there.

Rita said...

Dallas! i just saw i miss spelled Texas sorry.I can deal bed but not
Texas.

" Dallas " said...

you are excused because you are sick ;0

yay! pam! said...

I thought bill got turned into a vampire about 1866 or so? and he was in his late 20s maybe? so he hasn't been around "several centuries." did you mean decades?

in an outright fight, eric would win. but, really, why would that even happen? they both already know the result. they don't always get along, but they're on the same side.

however, they compete with each other in a different manner. eric holds a higher position than bill, but bill seems to have something else going on that we haven't been told about yet. so... in time, bill might outrank eric. however "in time" mean another century of vampiric plotting.

as far as sookie goes, well... now that is an interesting question. haha