Sunday, January 3, 2010

Charlaine Harris on Tempest Rising


Whata a nice thing for author Nicole Peeler to say about Sookie

As some of you know, the book that inspired me to write Tempest Rising was Ms. Harris’s fifth book in the Southern Vampire Mystery series, Dead as a Doornail:

This was not the first urban fantasy I’d ever read, although when I was reading the genre that name did not exist. When I was a child, it was simply a weird sort of fantasy being published by Charles de Lint and Mercedes Lackey. Back then, to find Anne Rice, one needed to wander out of Fantasy and over to Horror, where she was shelved with Stephen King. Now Rice and King are both housed in Fiction, and other writers have come along claiming to have single-handedly spawned urban fantasy, ignoring de Lint and Lackey.

read on


Charlaine reviews Tempest
here

3 comments:

Joan said...

I just finished Tempest Rising on my Kindle. As we say in Boston, it's a Wicked Good Book. At the end was a chapter from the next book, Tracking the Tempest. Not available for pre-order, yet. I checked. I've read all the Molly Harper books also, good reads. Please keep recommending books, Dallas!!!

Joan said...

I read the review by Charlaine Harris. I have to disagree, the cover art on the book is cute, to me. I don't know why she "hates" it.

Rita said...

Well i can understand why Ms.CH said
that as some people might not have liked her art covers as it looks
like it could look like a children's
book,my self i like the covers,they
are more cozier to me.I also like
the cover for Tempest Rising to.