Monday, June 15, 2009

Anna Paquin promises more nudity

I wonder if it will be anymore of an issue when it's Alexander Skarsgard in her sex scenes (and not Stephen Moyer, who she lives with in real life ) in season 4 ???...just askin'


Kiwi actress Anna Paquin has promised there will be more nudity as the second season of True Blood kicks off in America.

Paquin plays waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is love with a vampire, in Alan Ball's hit HBO show. The second season began screening in America on Sunday night.

The first season has just finished screening on Prime in New Zealand, and the network promised the second season would air later this year.

Paquin, who won a best actress Golden Globe award earlier this year for her role on the show, said she had been working out at the gym more as there was increased nudity in the second season.

"I get more naked this season than I did last season," she told Eonline.com. "We have a really great crew and everyone's really respectful. It's not an issue for me."

"I work my ass off. I'm very careful about what I eat, and I work out a lot. My costume entails bathing suits, short-shorts and nude scenes.

"I don't want to be perpetuating the myth that women actually do look exactly like the way they look in magazines and on television through absolutely no effort!"

Paquin is dating her on-screen boyfriend Stephen Moyer, who plays vampire Bill Compton.

8 comments:

SciFiGuy said...

I do believe Anna Paquin is Canadian eh? And yep she looked might fine last night.

" Dallas " said...

now you keep your fangs in ..she darn sure is Canadian !
hahha

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! I've been wondering the same thing. How are the sex scenes going to play out with mighty fine AS if AP is still with SM?? ;)
Thats gonna be something to watch! Hope we get to see it lol.

Anonymous said...

Anna is a New Zealander.

She may well have been born in Canada, but she was raised in New Zealand and identifies herself as being a Kiwi.

Much of her extended family lives in New Zealand, and the reason she starred in The Piano was because they were looking for a Kiwi actress.

Anonymous said...

It's the same as any person who moves to another country. Most of my family was born overseas, but it is insulting to insist they are not citizens of the country they moved to when they were very young.

Kita St. Cyr said...

She looked AMAZING last night!

" Dallas " said...

we go through this all the time
You are a native of where your born no matter when you leave and where you identify yourself as being from ..

I have lived in TX since i was a tiny child ( just about like Anna ) I identify myself as being from Texas BUT I WAS NOT BORN HERE and nothing will ever change that ..

She also hold some professional distinctions because of her birth nationality and i think enjoys how proud both her birth and her chosen home countries are of her..

Her passport says " born in Canada" and it always will...

IT IS NOT insulting to state where someone was born .....

Anonymous said...

Actually, technically, from what I've read she is both a New Zealander and a Canadian. She is a citizen of both countries. This entities her to a passport and rights of citizenship from both Canada and New Zealand.