Tuesday, June 2, 2009

True Blood's Anna Paquin Talks X-Men Future


Rogue chats with IGN about a return to the franchise.

June 2, 2009 - IGN chatted with True Blood star Anna Paquin this morning, during which time we had the chance to ask her about the possibility of returning to the X-Men franchise. The Oscar-winning actress played Rogue in the first three X-Men films.

When it was announced that Josh Schwartz was writing X-Men: First Class, Variety said that the movie would likely "enlist such characters as Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat."

So would Paquin be up for playing Rogue again? "Absolutely. Yeah," she told us. "I would hope I could do a little bit more action next time, though. I kind of find it ironic that I did three big action films and did, actually, no action whatsoever. I mean I got some really amazing emotional story moments, but I didn't really get to do the physical stuff."

She continued, "You know, as much as I loved doing those films I was kind of like, 'OK, so when do I get to beat someone up? When do I get to steal some powers?' You know Sookie [Paquin's True Blood character] gets to do more action than Rogue ever did. So I'm just putting that out there. More action please, for next time."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/989/989758p1.html

1 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Cool beans I totally agree she was not able to do much action in the X-men and that is the reason she took some criticism but again it was what was written. I'm glad she is open to the idea. YEA.