Monday, August 31, 2009

True Blood Sucker Punch: Episode 11

From the wonderful Mark ( who was great on the show last night) You can hear him hatch ( haha) some of the ideas live on the show last night ..podcast at right.

Welcome to Sucker Punch, the only blog post that ranks the gaudiest moments on this week's episode of True Blood.

(Warning: Spoilers Ahead)

---

Okay, look... I know it's hard to be a television writer. You've got character development and plot continuity and about six million other things to think about, and you're usually juggling multiple episodes at once. From that perspective, it's a miracle that any episode of any series is ever any good, which is why I can forgive my favorite shows when they have a bad episode or two.

And I'll definitely have to forgive True Blood for this week's installment, "Frenzy." It's pretty much a disaster.

But let's start with the high points---except for the Sucker Punch of the Week, of course, which will give us a happy ending. (Ew. Not that kind of happy ending.)

Trapped beneath the flaming rubble of this hour, there are a few lovely exchanges between characters. Lafayette and Sookie's scene on the porch, for instance, lets them connect in a believable, low-key way about their mutual ties to Erik, and the episode gives Nelsan Ellis several other meaty moments. Swinging between sauciness, terror, bravery, and loyalty, he delivers a captivating performance.

read on

also read Mark Blankenship http://www.thecriticalcondition.com

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I agree with Blankenship. This episode left a weird taste in my mouth.

However, I would have chosen that egg as the sucker punch. I mean wtf?

Anonymous said...

I agree--I can't even to begin imagining what that egg means (although I couldn't stop thinking of Jason's musings of Sam's shifting abilities afterward).