Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Charlaine Harris writes about filming her True Blood cameo

Charlaine has written about filming her cameo on True Blood Episode on June 20th on her web page :

From June:

lindsayb, I was there most of the afternoon, though only an hour or so was taken up with shooting my scene. I ate lunch with Alan, talked to the cast when they weren't working, had my makeup and hair done, watched the shooting on video, and toured the set of Sookie's house.
Booklover, that sounds great. Hanging with mom and grandmother sounds great, too, minda.
Charlaine Harris

I am no actress. But since I was in the scene with Sam, I just felt I was talking to him, and that made it much easier.
Charlaine Harris

The writer of the episode, Alexander Woo, actually wrote that line down so I could remember it. I have to see things before I can learn them.
On rereading my book & blog entry, I see that I used the word "wonderful"
four times! Some days, only one word will do.
Charlaine Harris

BLOG

As I’ve said elsewhere on the board, last Friday I spent an afternoon on the set of “True Blood.” I enjoyed the experience, of course, and it was great seeing Alan Ball, his wonderful henchmen Christina Jokanovich and Gianna Sobol, writer Alexander Woo, director Michael Cuesta, and some of the wonderful actors who make up the cast: Rutina Wesley, Sam Trammell, Carrie Preston, Chris Bauer, Patricia Bethune, and Todd Lowe.

However, though I already knew that there was a crew to support all the actions in the show, I hadn’t realized how many people there were. It was amazing to see everyone who works behind the scenes. There were so many of them, and they work so hard. Makeup artists, hair artists, light men, sound men, continuity people . . . the list goes on and on. Everyone knows what to do, and somehow it all gets done; taking all these people working at the same moment to get one little bit of film.

It was a very interesting afternoon, and I hope I didn’t get in the way too much. I actually spoke a line, but it may end up on the cutting room floor. I almost hope so. I’m no actress. I think the brief time I spend on the set was really illuminating, and it was certainly a fascinating afternoon. I appreciate them putting up with me.

While I was in Los Angeles, I had the opportunity to go to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art to see the Pompeii exhibit. It was wonderful, and I’m so glad that my trip to have some business meetings and visit the set coincided with the time of this wonderful exhibit. I highly recommend it. While I was in the museum, I also visited some of the “ancient art” galleries, and felt overwhelmed by the richness of what I saw. This is not something I get to do often, so I really had a little vacation.

Charlaine Harris

1 comments:

Rita said...

I am glad Ms.CH had a nice time,she
will do a fine job,and seeing behind
the seens gives new thought to how
movies and TV shows are made which
a lot of people don't realize how
much time and effort go into making
these shows.