Tuesday, September 8, 2009

'True Blood' Conspiracy Theory

I'm still having problems with folks writing True Blood spoilers that are just being events pulled from the books - this is the "throw the bookie a bone" moments from True Blood that I was talking about last week on the radio show.

It seemed like to Mark, our reviewer that there wasnt a really a point to all of the Bill /Sophie visit or in meeting Hadley. To which my answer was, that WAS the real purpose in the Bill/ Sophie visit because it set up the Bill/ Sophie betrayal storyline.

Buddy TV is working on the Hadley and Bill connection.

True Blood
sure has a lot of mysteries to unravel, whether it's about vampires, shape shifters, maenads or whatever the hell Sookie is. But there's another mystery that came to my attention as I went through your comments in my article last week. BuddyTV reader Dogdogdog particularly caught my interest when she posted, "i got a question that will make you all think some more... how did the queen know about sookie and bill never mentioned her... and bill never ask the queen how did she know about her... its a set up i think...that queen and bill is plotting something."

Watching the penultimate episode of True Blood's second season already sparked my curiosity as to why Queen Sophie-Ann knew about Sookie without Bill ever mentioning her. But realizing that other people were thinking the same thing certainly got me thinking some more. Then BuddyTV reader Maria1023 enlightened me with the possibility that this could all be part of a conspiracy: Bill and Queen Sophie-Ann are working as a team and that Bill getting close to Sookie is all part of a greater plan.

read on

3 comments:

Rita said...

You got to know some thing is going
on with Hadley being there.Just makes since,as some viewers have not
read the books it is a wait and see.
I think Bill was not looking for
Hadley to be there not the fact that
SA was feeding from someone.But when
Bill said he was only feeding from
Sookie did he get the look from them
hope i have made since.

vampfan said...

Hadley's short conversation with Bill implied that she knew him and they've talked before. She knew he knew Gran and Sookie. It will be interesting where this story line goes, most likely next season. It's a puzzle for us bookies!

JerseyJennyW said...

I agree with you and our fellow watchers. I think a set up is definitely in the works. Ex: when Bill says he's only feeding from Sookie and SA rolls her eyes is it disgust that he's so committed to Sookie/mainstreaming or mixing business and pleasure?? ...

However, I'll also add that "Frenzy" as a whole felt like a mess to me. It was a 'frenzy' of information - creating questions (like the SA/Bill/Sookie situation) and giving answers (Tara summoning Maryann, Andy & Jason's conversations about the differences and similarities of their lives, Eric calling Bill out on giving Sookie blood almost as soon as he met her, etc). It was terribly overwhelming - too much so to try to piece all the possible conspiracies together, I think.

Happy watching! :)