Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Easy to be Team Eric on 'True Blood'

Test Pattern from MSNBC

Has there been a show more fun than this season’s “True Blood”? It reminds me how ponderous some of my other favorite dramas can get. Meanwhile, Jason Stackhouse is trying to figure out if Sam could turn into a chicken and lay and eat his own eggs. He also questioned Sam’s sexual behavior as a dog. As I giggled watching him, I realized how much I had missed having a show that was pure daffy fun. Not since “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” which got rather heavy-handed in its later seasons, has there been a show that reveled so much in its own silliness.

This season was even better than the first. The rise of Eric to lead character status was a savvy move. I’m certainly on Team Eric these days. Bill, who was such a dangerous character in season 1, now seems positively stately and safe compared to Eric. Is it wrong to want Eric and Sookie to end up in bed together?

read on

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was upset that Sookie was dreaming about being with Eric. She really needs some real Eric loving.

Rita said...

Ever think what tally means in Egg's
name,what about the tally man i got to thinking about it,thinking is
really dangerous for me as that is what my son says.The tally man is the
one that collects what is due,like in taxs,bills,maybe souls to.Just a thought.Eggs just collects and Carl
was just a hand maid,and i will take Eric any way i can get him hope lovein Jason and Hoyt and Andy i really love them this season.

Sharon said...

If you go to this article to read it, a couple of the comments below are very spoilery from the books and no warnings. Read at your own risk. I've read all the books, so didn't hurt me any.

And yes, I want some real Eric loving someone besides the queen.

Tanya said...

not wrong at all - in fact - as god is my witness it is the natural thing to want. eric and sookie for real not a dream.