Tuesday, August 11, 2009

True Blood in Crisis: Bill's Bangs day 2 !

We just don't have the time to wax philosophically about Godric's ruminations on violence and coexistence after centuries of watching the evolution of both the human and vampire races. We don't have time to think about right wing extremism, religious zealots, suicide bombers, bigotry and discrimination.

We have to WORRY about HAIR!!!
True Blood fans have survived some BIG True Blood hair fights in the past. Last season, we had the very warranted complaints about poor Alex Skarsgard's wig, which he had to wear because his hair was still short from starring in Generation Kill when they started filming True Blood.

Then at the beginning of season 2 we saw his new haircut and the highlights ( see the scene below) When Eric asked Lafayette in that horrible horrific dungeon scene "Is there blood in my hair ?" and then goes on later to lament that " Pam will kill me "

We saw the new 'Eric look' in the 'Forever 21' scene in S2 Episode 2 ( also below) where he ask Bill " It's the new me - you like ?"
Now, you have to set aside the vampire cannon (rules) from the Sookie books because we know that vampires can't cut their hair or change their appearances because they go right back to how they looked at the original time of their death.

Bill explains this to Sookie in "Dead until Dark "

I touched his sideburns, since apparently touching was okay. "They're long," I observed.
"That was the fashion," he said. "It's lucky for me I didn't wear a beard as so many men did, or I'd have it for eternity."
"You never have to shave?"
"No, luckily I had just shaven."

I'm not sure they know they need to have hard and fast vampire rules in True Blood. Let's not even try to figure out how Eric can cut and change his hair but Jessica regenerates "her virginity"

So now we are faced with the very serious problem of Bill's Bangs. On Sunday night, our radio show guests reviewers, Brian and Andy (campblood.org) talked with @SookieBonTemps about Bill's hair especially his bangs. If you missed our Blogtalk radio show Sunday night listen here and to Brian and Andy's vlog here but NOW the fan forums are buzzing about 'Bill's Hair"

There is even a new entire thread on the HBO fan forum called Fix Bill's Hair

trubldaddict says "Amen! How can they not see how weird his hair looks? Stiff and flat bangs that seem to glow red in the dark are not a good look!"

My suggestion is that what we really need is a new Twitter character called @BillsBangs. Maybe the solution is to just laugh about it ..

In case you don't know in the world of Sookie/True Blood Twitter universe inanimate objects and even animals sometimes become True Blood Twitter characters and the result is usually hilarious.

For example: some of my favorites are @EricsBlackAmEx, @AIDS Burger, @Eric's Gracious Plenty, @Lafayette's Thong, @Pam's Pumps and when poor Bob Jessup isn't in his human form he twitters as @BobthecatJessup

Let's just all let our hair down and enjoy the last few Season 2 episodes -- @BillsBangs anyone ?

Some other favorites are :

AIDS Burger
Bill's Henley
Bill's Hot Tub
Bill's Piano
Bill's Toaster
Cardboard Eric
Eric's Credit Card
Eric's Gracious Plenty
Eric's Hands
Eric's Legs
Gran's Pie
Hoyt's Cell Phone
Jason's Brain
Lafayette's Cosmetics Case
Lafayette's Thong
Maxine's Casserole
Ms. Jeanette's Ghost
Pam's Boobs
Pam's Pumps

You can find more at IOP (TB Inanimate Object Patrol)

9 comments:

Rita said...

I don't have a problem with Bills
hair it looks like he just changed
the style.As for Eric i think who ever was doing Eric's wig could have kelp it cleaner as it would not take
that much time as it was not rolled,
some times it looked like it had too
much makeup around the edges and
looked too oily,other than that every
thing is fine.

Anonymous said...

Brahahaha! That was a cute blog. I too have been guilty over first lamenting the "rumor" of Eric's luscious locks dared to be shorn before second season. Bad wig or no, Eric simply MUST have long hair, darnit! LOL. Then secondly, my surprise that my unbending stand was smashed when I caught my first glimpse of GQ Eric. Proving that one should remember that change can be a good thing. **Yummy!

And poor Bill has had his moments of hair dismay too. Chameleon colors in the first season alone had me running to check the color sensor on the TV. HBO really needs to put more in make-up continuity. BTW. I liked the old fashioned side burns though and thought they fit his southern gentlemanly character well. **Romantic sigh.

Thanks for writing this article. Next time maybe you can tackle the make-up with the same humor. Like why are Bill & Eric the only sickly pale bleeding eyed vamps on the show... while Stan, Godric, all the women vamps, seem to have a Florida tans?

Regards. This is OhioVamp cause I couldnt figure out how to log in. Sometimes I am a techno jerk.

Rita said...

I should have said i really like
the hair long or short.It is alans
world what can i say?

Anonymous said...

I imagine the hair people are already having a hard time because SM constantly had to dye his hair for his work. He went from brown to blonde surfer to dark vampire. A lot of dye can ruin your hair.

Rita said...

I used to be a beautician so i know
how long it would take to do hair and
makeup but i can't do that any more
i can't stand on my feet that long
now,but wish i could as i loved it.
And the hair is quite lovely now.

sheribaby51 said...

Can we just address Lorena's freakin' eyebrows??? Bill can't change his sideburns, but her eyebrows can go from non-existant in the 1930's to normal in the present? (And don't get me started on her changing hairstyle, or the fact that, apparently, having opted for a gen-x buzz that Godrick will now spend eternity looking like an American Idol contestant).

Sharon said...

GQ Eric! I love it. He really does look better than with that trashy wig from season 1. I had something more like Legolas' hair for Eric. Now, that was a beautiful wig. I really do wish he had a long beautiful blonde wig. In the books, Sookie always mentions how his hair is the same color as hers. But hers looks pretty brassy some of the time in TB. And don't get me started on her black eyebrows.

sheribaby51: remember Godric had a completely different and longer do when he was making Eric into a vampire.

Anonymous said...

I think True Blood choose to do things a little differently than the books. I guess hair grows back to its original length when the individual was transformed. So Bill's sideburns will grow back and Eric's hair will return to its true length. Just my theory.

C said...

Speaking of these changes....I missed a few episodes.....I did see that scene when Eric was being turned....but then saw the latest Timebomb episode. I couldn't believe that (Godric) was the same guy. So yes, the makeup continuity is a problem.